Fallon to battle Beaton at Ally Pally
By Editorial Staff 01/12/2021
Fallon Sherrock will face Steve Beaton on her return to the stage where she famously became the first woman to beat a man at a World Championship two years ago.
Grand Slam quarter-finalist Sherrock or 57-year-old Beaton, competing in his 31st consecutive World Championship, will then play Belgium's Kim Huybrechts in the second round.
"It's a very exciting draw, Steve is an icon of the sport," said Sherrock.
"It will be a privilege to share the stage with him and I'm excited to see what happens.
"I know Steve will let the game flow, and hopefully we can produce a good game for the crowd. I can't wait to feel the roar of Ally Pally again."
Lisa Ashton, who also qualified via the PDC Women's Series, will take on Dutchman Ron Meulenkamp for the right to play former runner-up Michael Smith.
The draw, which was made by Wayne Mardle and Colin Lloyd live on Sky Sports News on Monday, sees the top 32 players from the PDC Order of Merit seeded through to round two, with the first round featuring the ProTour Order of Merit Qualifiers up against the Qualifiers & International Representatives:
(1) Gerwyn Price v Ritchie Edhouse/Lihao Wen
(32) Kim Huybrechts v Steve Beaton/Fallon Sherrock
(16) Stephen Bunting v Ross Smith/Jeff Smith
(17) Dirk van Duijvenbode v Jermaine Wattimena/Boris Koltsov
(8) Jonny Clayton v Keane Barry/Royden Lam
(25) Gabriel Clemens v Lewy Williams/Toyokazu Shibata
(9) Michael Smith v Ron Meulenkamp/Lisa Ashton
(24) Glen Durrant v William O’Connor/Danny Lauby
(4) James Wade v Maik Kuivenhoven/Ky Smith
(29) Vincent van der Voort v Adam Hunt/Boris Krcmar
(13) Joe Cullen v Ted Evetts/Jim Williams
(20) Simon Whitlock v Martijn Kleermaker/John Michael
(5) Dimitri Van den Bergh v Florian Hempel/Martin Schindler
(28) Devon Petersen v Jamie Hughes/Raymond Smith
(12) Krzysztof Ratajski v Steve Lennon/Madars Razma
(21) Mervyn King v Ryan Joyce/Roman Benecky
(2) Peter Wright v Ryan Meikle/Fabian Schmutzler
(31) Damon Heta v Luke Woodhouse/James Wilson
(15) Ryan Searle v William Borland/Bradley Brooks
(18) Danny Noppert v Jason Heaver/Juan Francisco Rodriguez
(7) Jose de Sousa v Jason Lowe/Daniel Larsson
(26) Mensur Suljovic v Alan Soutar/Diogo Portela
(10) Nathan Aspinall v Joe Murnan/Paul Lim
(23) Brendan Dolan v Callan Rydz/Yuki Yamada
(3) Michael van Gerwen v Chas Barstow/John Norman Jnr
(30) Chris Dobey v Rusty-Jake Rodriguez/Ben Robb
(14) Dave Chisnall v Darius Labanauskas/Charles Losper
(19) Luke Humphries v Rowby-John Rodriguez/Nick Kenny
(6) Gary Anderson v Adrian Lewis/Matt Campbell
(27) Ian White v Scott Mitchell/Chris Landman
(11) Rob Cross v Raymond van Barneveld/Lourence Ilagan
(22) Daryl Gurney v Ricky Evans/Nitin Kumar
The schedule of play will be confirmed in due course.
Lead Image: L Lustig (PDC)
Darts World Magazine (Issue 576)
Subscribe or purchase your copy